Social Media Strategy Intern
Agency Description: Bolder Options is a transformational mentoring program for at-promise youth ages 10-14 in the Twin Cities and Rochester. Mentor pairs meet 2-4 hours every week for at least one year working towards physical health, academic success, and social/emotional health goals. Last year, 100% of graduating pairs elected to continue their relationship post-graduation, and 90% of youth planned to go to college after high school. Our goal is to ensure that the promise of youth in our community is realized, regardless of their life circumstances.
Position Description: Bolder Options is looking for someone to take the lead on the creation of social media content, and to help plan for how to take our social media presence to the next level. As our Social Media Strategy Intern, you will leverage our social media platforms to build awareness and drive engagement. You will interact daily with our social media communities and play a key role in the development of social media strategies and content. This is designed to be a summer internship with flexibility in hours worked and the ability to work remotely.
Reports to: Director of Development
- Partner with marketing, fundraising, and program staff to plan social media calendar for Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- Work with Marketing Specialist to develop visual content
- Develop new ideas and strategies for expansion of social media presence
- Interact with followers/answer questions on social media platforms
- Seek creative ways to build awareness of our mission and the need for mentors and money to support it
- Monitor analytics and report on content performance/engagement
- Participate in Marketing Committee meetings to identify how social media fits into Bolder Options’ broader marketing strategy and goals
- Majoring in business, marketing, journalism, advertising,
public relations, or a communications-related field
- Some social media management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of social media analytics
- Excellent attention to detail and a high motivation to learn
- Energetic, creative, resilient, and team-oriented
- Entry-level understanding of marketing strategy
Work Hours: 20/week
Applications reviewed an ongoing basis.
*As a nonprofit that serves people from diverse backgrounds, we strongly encourage applications from people of color, people from working-class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQ people, and others who are members of marginalized communities.